It’s no secret that small businesses shape communities, impact lives, and inspire others to chase their dreams. And if you have experienced the power of small businesses firsthand, we want to hear your story! Your essay could win a $2,500 scholarship.
If you’ve started a business, your family owns a small business, or you’ve worked in a small business at some point and you’ll be enrolled in a college in the fall of 2014, you’re eligible for the scholarship.
How Do I Enter to Win?
Here’s what you need to do to enter the scholarship contest:
- Pen an original essay about your small business experience in 500 to 1,000 words – no more, no less! Be sure to give the essay a title, too.
- Complete the application form and submit your essay to be eligible to win.
The insureon Small Business Heroes Scholarship contest is absolutely free to enter, but some restrictions apply. For starters, you must be a U.S. citizen or resident who will be enrolled in a stateside two- or four-year college or university full-time for fall semester 2014. Please only submit one entry, as multiple submissions are grounds for disqualification.
How Are Winners Selected?
We’ll select two winners who will each receive a $2,500 scholarship toward their educational expenses. A panel of judges will review essays based on the following criteria:
- Spelling, grammar, vocabulary, and punctuation (25 points).
- Content, including organization, logic, quality of examples, and ability to stay on topic (50 points).
- Creativity, clarity, and thoughtfulness (25 points).
When Is the Deadline?
Keep these dates in mind so you don’t miss out:
- April 1, 2014 is the last day to enter.
- Judges will announce the winners by June 4, 2014.
Ready for a chance to win? Submit your essay today!