Building Design Business Insurance

Compare multiple quotes from top carriers with one application.
View of a tall building with greenery.
Logos of Insureon's Partners
We partner with trusted A-rated insurance companies
Compare insurance quotes icon

Choose the best rate and coverage

Insureon helps building design professionals compare insurance quotes from top U.S. carriers online. Get several quotes with one application.

Common business insurance policies for building design professionals

Building design projects involve multiple stakeholders and dependencies, resulting in unique risks. Insureon has helped architects and engineers secure more than 5,000 policies.

General liability insurance icon

General liability insurance

This policy covers common building design risks, including customer property damage and injuries. Bundle with property insurance for savings in a business owner’s policy.

  • Slip-and-fall accidents
  • Damaged customer property
  • Libel or slander lawsuits
Business owner’s policy icon

Business owner's policy

A BOP bundles property insurance and general liability insurance under one plan. It’s often the most cost-effective commercial insurance policy for building design professionals.

  • Customer injuries
  • Damaged customer property
  • Damaged business property
Professional liability insurance icon

Professional liability insurance

This policy, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance, is important for building design professionals. It can cover legal fees related to work performance.

  • Errors in building design
  • Accusations of negligence
  • Failure to complete a project on time
Workers’ compensation insurance icon

Workers’ compensation insurance

Workers’ compensation insurance is required in almost every state for building design businesses that have employees. It can cover medical costs for work-related injuries.

  • Employee medical expenses
  • Partial missed wages
  • Lawsuits over employee injuries
Looking for different coverage? See more policies.

How much does insurance cost for building design professionals?

Female building design professional doing calculations.

Several factors will have an impact on insurance costs, including:

  • Building design services offered
  • Business equipment and property
  • Revenue
  • Location
  • Number of employees
View Costs
What our customers are saying
"I had an urgent contractual requirement for insurance in December to pay before the end of the year. Holly Burton worked with The Hartford to send me an invoice around Christmas. I have saved hundreds in taxes."
Richard C.
Software / internet design
"Raynaldo made quick work of things. I told him what I needed, and ultimately I had a certificate of insurance in a matter of hours."
Michael D.
Custom programmer
"The response time was almost immediate. The options I was given were based on my company's needs. I received the policy in record time."
Esther L.
Management consultant
Insureon customer reviews on Feefo
Compare insurance quotes for building design professionals
Save money by comparing insurance quotes from multiple carriers.