Not to toot our own horn (but to totally toot our own horn), we’ve had a banner year at insureon. Inc. Magazine ranked us as the fastest-growing insurance business, and that was pretty cool. Small-business experts Rieva Lesonsky and Susan Solovic brought you top-notch content right here on the blog. And we recently unveiled the winners of our latest Small Business, Big Impact Scholarship.
The champagne runneth over.
All joking aside, we couldn’t have had this kind of year without small-business owners like you. So as a special treat for our readers, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite content and resources from 2014. Here’s to an exciting new year!
Handy Blogs for the Small-Business Owner’s Soul
If you’ve been following the blog for a while, perhaps you’re already familiar with our creed: insurance shouldn’t be dull or inaccessible. We don’t always write about insurance, either. Perhaps these posts best exemplify what we’re about:
- Home-Office Hacks for Higher Productivity: Working from home can be an uphill battle, especially if you have two Pomeranians and distractions aplenty. Overcome the productivity drains in your home office with these tips.
- Make a Better Impression on 88% of Your Potential Clients: If you’re not already using online review sites to bolster your business, now’s the time. Discover how to wield the power of positive online reviews.
- “Take It from Someone Who’s Been There” Series: This is where we pass the mic to other small-business owners who share how they build and manage their companies.
- 5 Business Insurance Mistakes Costing You Money: Because who has money to burn on insurance?
- “No Business Too Small” to Be Hacked, Says Security Expert: Check out why small businesses are prime targets for cyber hacks and ways to keep your business safe.
Page-Turning eBooks: Not an Oxymoron
Want an in-depth look at some of the most pressing concerns for small-business owners operating today? We recommend these two eBooks full of grab-and-go stats and information:
- Tweet or Twibel: The Small-Business Owner's Guide to Advertising Injury: Did you know that your business’s status updates and tweets can be a liability? Learn about your risks and how to use social media marketing with no regrets. #YOLO
- Liquor Liability Insurance? I'll Drink to That: A Complete Guide to Serving and Hosting Responsibly: If you plan to spread a little holiday cheer by hosting a boozy office party, this is a timely guide. Learn how serving alcohol could have unintended consequences for your business and ways to serve safely.
Info and Maps and Tools, Oh My!
These four resources show you why insurance is where it’s at:
- Cyber Liability: The Ultimate Revenge of the Nerds: Hackers make headlines and make your life a complicated mess. Learn how insurance can help you survive a data breach (and prepare to be entertained!).
- Map: Workers’ Compensation Laws by State: State laws are tricky, boring reads. (Trust us on that one.) Use this guide to quickly find the high points of your state’s Workers’ Compensation Insurance laws. You don’t even need a jargon decoder!
- Policy Analyzer: Ever wonder which insurance policies other small-business owners buy? The Policy Analyzer can help put things into perspective. Fill in a few details about your business, and you’ll discover which policies are most popular for businesses in your industry.
- Insureon Small Business Institute (ISBI): Are you an avid trend-watcher? Check out these quarterly reports to learn the latest insurance pricing updates for small-business owners.
Looking Ahead: What Do You Want to See in 2015?
We’re always looking for ways to step up our game. If you want to know more about a certain topic in the coming year, shoot us an email, and we’ll do our best to put together a helpful resource!