Media and Advertising Business Insurance
What kind of work do you do?
Close view of a video camera.
Choose from the nation's best insurance providers
Logos of Insureon's business insurance carrier partners

Business owner's policy for media and advertising professionals

Business owner’s policy icon

Business owner’s policy

A business owner’s policy (BOP) bundles general liability insurance with commercial property insurance. It typically costs less than if the policies were bought separately.

A BOP protects media and advertising professionals from common lawsuits and damages

Media and advertising professionals often invest in a business owner's policy for its extensive coverage and its affordability. A BOP bundles two key policies at a discount: general liability insurance and commercial property insurance. It covers the most common types of lawsuits, and provides financial protection against stolen or damaged business property.

A BOP protects against:

  • Lawsuits related to client injuries
  • Lawsuits related to damaged property
  • Damaged or stolen business equipment
  • Damage to an office or other building

Customize a BOP to fit your business

Media and advertising businesses can tailor a BOP to meet their unique needs. Add business interruption insurance or other types of coverage for increased savings and protection.

Businesses that are eligible for a BOP typically:

  • Have fewer than 100 employees
  • Have a small office or workplace
  • Make less than $1 million in annual revenue
  • Operate in a low-risk industry
  • Need less than 12 months of business interruption insurance

Speak with a licensed Insureon agent to find out if your business is eligible.

Compare business owner's policy quotes for media and advertising businesses

What coverage can a business owner’s policy provide for media and advertising businesses?

General liability insurance

Even in the low-risk environment of an advertising agency or a graphic design studio, accidents happen. The general liability coverage included in a BOP can pay for attorney's fees, judgments, and settlements related to client injuries or property damage.

A BOP helps cover third-party lawsuits related to:

  • Bodily injuries, such as a client tripping over a power cord in your office
  • Property damage, such as accidentally dropping a client's laptop

Most general liability policies include financial protection against advertising injuries, but that's not the case in the media and advertising industry. Due to your increased risks, look to media liability insurance for this kind of protection.

Commercial property insurance

The property insurance portion of a BOP helps media and advertising professionals recover from property damage and theft at their place of business. For example, it would cover the cost of replacing windows broken in a storm, or computers and electronics drenched by a burst pipe.

A BOP can pay for replacement or repair of business property in the event of:

  • Fire
  • Windstorms
  • Hail storms
  • Burglary
  • Vandalism

Business interruption insurance

If your advertising business is forced to close temporarily, the results could be devastating. Small businesses often shutter permanently due to the combination of lost revenue and day-to day expenses after a disaster.

Business interruption insurance provides financial protection against temporary closures. For example, if your office needs to close for renovation after a fire, this coverage could pay for temporary relocation of your business.

Talk to a licensed Insureon agent to add business interruption coverage to your BOP.

Other key policies for advertising businesses

A business owner's policy covers your major risks, but it's not the only coverage you need. Media and advertising professionals should also consider:

Media liability insurance: Also known as professional liability insurance, this policy protects media and advertising professionals against lawsuits related to advertising injuries or work mistakes.

Workers’ compensation insurance: This policy is required in most states for businesses with employees. It covers medical expenses and partial lost wages if an employee is injured on the job.

Cyber liability insurance: Cyber coverage helps media and advertising agencies recover from cyberattacks and data breaches. It covers the cost of notifying affected customers and investigating a breach.

Commercial auto insurance: This policy covers the cost of accidents involving work vehicles. Each state has its own requirements for auto liability insurance.

Get free quotes and buy online with Insureon

Are you ready to protect your media or advertising business with a business owner’s policy? Complete Insureon’s easy online application today to compare quotes from top U.S. carriers. Once you find the right policy, you can begin coverage in less than 24 hours.

Updated: February 27, 2024
Compare business owner's policy quotes
Save money by comparing insurance quotes from multiple carriers.
How much does business insurance cost for media and advertising professionals?General liability insurance vs. business owner's policyQuestions to ask before buying business insurance 6 ways to prevent customer injury and property damage 10 tips to consider before you buy small business insurance