Delaware Insurance Licenses: 1112151

Delaware, The First State, has a lot to offer new small businesses: a rich history, an advantageous location, and a thriving economy. According to the 2013 Delaware Databook, Delaware’s unemployment rate was 6.8 percent in October 2013 – that’s .5 percent lower than the national average.

Delaware’s tax climate is also favorable to local businesses. The state collects no tax on inventories and no tax on process machinery or equipment. There’s also no sales tax, personal property tax, and no state-level real property tax in Delaware.

Most states have dram shop laws, but Delaware does not. This means that an injured person cannot seek damages from the business that served the intoxicated person who caused the injury. However, owners of bars, restaurants, and other businesses that sell or serve alcohol should still consider liquor liability insurance. Though it’s likely you would win a lawsuit, this policy would help pay the cost of defending yourself in court.

Whether you’re just now setting up shop in Delaware or you’ve been in business for a while, you’ll need to secure an effective small business insurance plan to protect your investments from financial risk.

Delaware Business Insurance Savings Tips

  • Don’t forget that you need Property Insurance even if you rent space or work from home. Landlord’s Insurance, Renter’s Insurance, and Homeowner’s Insurance exclude coverage for business possessions. In many cases, purchasing an inexpensive contents-only Property policy will be cheaper than replacing all your stuff after an accident.
  • Many small-business owners can bundle insurance policies together to save money. One example is the Business Owner’s Policy, which combines General Liability and Property Insurance.
  • Umbrella Insurance is one way to give your new business extra protection, just in case you encounter a claim that exceeds your General Liability Insurance policy’s limit. Instead of paying thousands of dollars out of pocket, your Umbrella Insurance can cover the extra expense.

Delaware Business Insurance Licensure Information

In Delaware, insurance agents, agencies and brokers are licensed by the State of Delaware - Department of Insurance. Insureon is licensed in Delaware as BIN Insurance Holdings LLC (NPN 15752926) for Property & Casualty Insurance (License #1112151) and for Surplus Lines (License #1112151). Verify our licensure with the Delaware Insurance Department.

Additional Resources
Advertising Injury eBook

What it is, how to avoid it, and what to do if you face an advertising injury lawsuit.

Read or Download
E&O eBook

Guide to avoiding professional negligence claims or dealing with them when they come.

Read or Download
Certificate of Liability Insurance
Download Now
Customer Reviews
Rated 4.9 out of 5 Stars

"Amazing customer service, loved that I could do everything via email. Nothing better than that."

"Excellent and responsive service. My agent was out when I called but another person jumped right in and took care of the policy."

Read more reviews...
Insurance Resources

Insureon Blog

Stay in the loop about how insurance is affecting small businesses around the country.


Get the latest insurance research and other useful tools from the Insureon Small Business Institute.

Sample Certificate

See a Certificate of Liability Insurance, a one-page proof of coverage.


Short video guides to basic insurance topics.