BUSINESS INSURANCE MISSISSIPPI
Mississippi Insurance License: 15015895
Mississippi – famous for the blues, shrimp and grits, and its legendary river – is also a lucrative hub for small-business owners. According to the Tax Foundation's guide, "Mississippi's Tax Climate," the state's personal income tax rate is the 20th lowest among states with such taxes. And Mississippi ranks 17th out of all the states for lowest tax burden on businesses (which includes corporate taxes, individual income taxes, sales taxes, unemployment insurance taxes, and property taxes).
But running a business always means you take on a certain amount of risk. If there's one thing Katrina taught Mississippi business owners, it's that you can't underestimate the destructive power of nature. When the storm hit New Orleans in 2005, the neighboring Mississippi also paid a heavy price in losses (some sources estimate $125 billion in property damage). So while you build your business in The Magnolia State, be sure you have the financial protection to weather the possible storms and setbacks along the way. Our insureon agents can help you find the small business insurance policies that protect your investments.
Mississippi Savings Tips
- Due to the annual threat of hurricanes in Mississippi, check your insurance policies for provisions addressing flooding and water damage. These provisions may not come standard as part of your property insurance policy, so ask your Insureon agent if you need to buy additional coverage.
- Business interruption insurance pays you for lost income if your company should be forced to shut down temporarily due to covered property damage, which is always a risk during hurricane season. Ask your Insureon agent if business interruption coverage, which is typically included in a small business general liability and property package policy, would be a smart investment for your Mississippi business.
- In Mississippi, workers' compensation insurance is compulsory, but there are some exemptions. Insureon can help you determine whether your business must purchase insurance to comply with state laws, and can get you multiple quotes to compare in 24 hours or less.
Mississippi Business Insurance Licensure Information
In Mississippi, insurance agents, agencies and brokers are licensed by the Mississippi Insurance Department. Insureon is licensed in Mississippi as BIN Insurance Holdings LLC (NPN 15752926) for Property & Casualty Insurance (License #15015895). Verify our licensure with the Mississippi Insurance Department Licensing Search.
Mississippi Business Links
- NOAA National Climatic Data Center: Annual average number of tornadoes, 1953–2004
- PAH Webmaster (2005-11-02): 1925 Tri-State Tornado
- Mississippi Workers Compensation Rules
- Mississippi Insurance Department