Illinois Insurance License: 100289220

Land of Lincoln, the Prairie State, or home of Chicago, the Windy City. No matter what you end up calling it, Illinois is a great place to start a business. Whether you admire it more for giving us such notable presidents as Lincoln, Grant, Reagan, and Obama, or introducing the world to the joys of deep-dish pizza and Chicago-style hotdogs, Illinois has something to offer everybody.

With the fifth-largest economy in the United States, Illinois is no stranger to entrepreneurial spirits. John Deere made his mark on agriculture here with the invention of the cast-steel plow. William Wrigley, Jr. brought chewing gum into the national spotlight and stamped his name on the most famous baseball field in America. Richard Sears and Alvah Roebuck forever changed the way retailers did business. Who’s to say your IL business isn’t next in line for greatness?

But it’s okay if you want to remain small, too. There are more than 250,000 small businesses throughout Illinois. And though the majority of them don’t have their name on Chicago’s tallest skyscrapers, their owners probably prefer it that way.

Whether you’d like to remain local or grow your business into a multi-million dollar behemoth, the first step is protecting what you’ve got. Learn which insurance coverages your Illinois-based business may need.

Illinois Insurance Savings Tips

  • Bundle policies whenever you can to save money on your insurance plan. One of the most common ways to do this is through a Business Owner’s Policy, which bundles General Liability Insurance and Property Insurance together.
  • Eliminate gaps in your coverage, especially the ones between Personal and Commercial policies. Did you know your Homeowner’s policy likely excludes coverage for at-home business equipment? Or that your Personal Auto policy does not cover work-related driving in your personal car? You’ll need Commercial policies for each situation.
  • Save money on your Property Insurance plan by choosing cash-value coverage. Cash-value policies tend to be cheaper than replacement-value policies because they reimburse you for the depreciated value of an item, not its market cost.

Illinois: Where Great Businesses Are Born

So you’re thinking about starting a business in Illinois. You’ve chosen well. According to the Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity, Illinois has the 19th-largest economy in the world. Not too shabby for a state with primarily agrarian roots.

Agribusiness is still booming in Illinois, and other industries like energy, advanced manufacturing, and life sciences contribute to this state’s healthy, diverse economy. Having the third-largest intermodal port (after Hong Kong and Singapore) to round out the best transportation and logistics system in the country doesn’t hurt, either.

Illinois also boasts a population where almost 34 percent of residents have received their bachelor’s degree, perhaps from one of Illinois’s highly ranked universities. You’ll be sure to find a willing and able workforce to help you reach your entrepreneurial goals in the Prairie State.

We know because we’ve chosen to call Illinois home as well. So whenever you’re ready to pair your ambition with a tailor-made small business insurance plan, give your neighbor (insureon) a call.

Illinois Business Insurance Licensure Information

In Illinois, insurance agents, agencies and brokers are licensed by the Illinois Department of Insurance. Insureon is licensed in Illinois as BIN Insurance Holdings LLC (NPN 15752926) for Property & Casualty Insurance (License #100289220). Verify our licensure with the Illinois Department of Insurance Licensee Look-up.

Additional Resources
Advertising Injury eBook

What it is, how to avoid it, and what to do if you face an advertising injury lawsuit.

Read or Download
E&O eBook

Guide to avoiding professional negligence claims or dealing with them when they come.

Read or Download
Certificate of Liability Insurance
Download Now
Customer Reviews
Rated 4.9 out of 5 Stars

"Amazing customer service, loved that I could do everything via email. Nothing better than that."

"Excellent and responsive service. My agent was out when I called but another person jumped right in and took care of the policy."

Read more reviews...
Insurance Resources

Insureon Blog

Stay in the loop about how insurance is affecting small businesses around the country.


Get the latest insurance research and other useful tools from the Insureon Small Business Institute.

Sample Certificate

See a Certificate of Liability Insurance, a one-page proof of coverage.


Short video guides to basic insurance topics.