Sample Certificates of Insurance
for Independent Consultants

Before being offered a consulting contract with a client, you may need to provide proof of coverage. That proof comes in the form of a Certificate of Liability Insurance (or, "COLI," for short). This is an official document your insurance agent provides that details the kinds of liability coverage your business has.

Here are a few common situations where you might need to have your certificate on hand:

You can list interested parties as "certificate holders" so that they receive notifications whenever you make changes to your policy. It's useful when doing business with repeat clients.

Sample Certificate of Insurance for a Consulting Business

See what your certificate will look like by viewing our sample Certificate of Liability Insurance for consulting businesses.

How to Get Your Certificate

You won't get a Certificate of Liability Insurance until you purchase small business insurance coverage. But with insureon, you can usually get insured and receive your certificate in a single day. Just contact one of our consulting insurance experts or fill out an insurance application to get started.

Customer Rating 4.9 out of 5
Read Customer Reviews

Grab-n-Go Information

Free eBook
Expert Advice - A Risk Management Guide for Marketing and Management Consultants
Browse eBook
Sample certificates
See a sample Certificate of Liability Insurance, the proof of coverage you need for most contracts.
View Sample
Sample Quotes & Cost Estimates
See what insurance really costs: actual quotes by policy & specialty.
Get Estimates
Ask A Question
Submit your questions about small business insurance and get answers from our experts.
Read Answers