Business Insurance for Financial and Investment Advisors

Compare multiple quotes from top carriers with one application.
Financial advisor and planners at a desk looking at cost tables
Logos of Insureon's Partners
We partner with trusted A-rated insurance companies

Save money by comparing insurance quotes for financial advisors

A bad investment or economic downturn could topple everything you've worked so hard to build. Protect yourself against liability lawsuits and other risks with policies tailored for investment advisors and financial planners.

Financial planner advising a client
Cursor pointing on laptop screen

One application, multiple quotes

Insureon helps financial and investment advisors compare small business insurance quotes from top U.S. carriers online. Get several quotes with one application.

What types of insurance do financial and investment advisors need?

These policies provide coverage for the most common risks investment advisors and financial planners face.

General liability insurance icon

General liability insurance

General liability insurance provides coverage for common risks facing financial and investment advisors, such as customer injury and slander. Bundle with property insurance for savings in a business owner’s policy.

  • Slip-and-fall accidents
  • Damaged customer property
  • Libel or slander lawsuits
Errors and omissions insurance icon

Errors and omissions insurance

E&O insurance for financial advisors and planners, also known as professional liability insurance, can cover legal expenses related to work performance.

  • Business disputes
  • Negligence accusations
  • Work errors
Cyber liability insurance icon

Cyber liability insurance

This policy helps investment advisors and financial planners survive data breaches and cyberattacks by helping to pay for recovery expenses and associated costs.

  • Data breach lawsuits
  • Breach notification expenses
  • Fraud monitoring costs
Workers’ compensation insurance icon

Workers’ compensation insurance

Required in almost every state for businesses with employees, workers’ comp can help cover medical fees and lost wages for work-related illnesses and injuries.

  • Employee medical expenses
  • Missed wages
  • Legal costs
Looking for different coverage? See more policies.

How much does insurance for financial and investment advisors cost?

Finance professional working on a calculator

Several factors will have an impact on insurance costs, including:

  • Financial advice, investment advice, and planning services offered
  • Business equipment and property
  • Revenue
  • Location
  • Number of employees
View Costs
What our customers are saying
"I had an urgent contractual requirement for insurance in December to pay before the end of the year. Holly Burton worked with The Hartford to send me an invoice around Christmas. I have saved hundreds in taxes."
Richard C.
Software / internet design
"Raynaldo made quick work of things. I told him what I needed, and ultimately I had a certificate of insurance in a matter of hours."
Michael D.
Custom programmer
"The response time was almost immediate. The options I was given were based on my company's needs. I received the policy in record time."
Esther L.
Management consultant
Insureon customer reviews on Feefo

Why do financial planners and investment advisors need insurance?

If a mistake or error in judgment leads to a client’s financial loss, a registered investment advisor (RIA) or a tax preparer could face a hefty lawsuit. Financial planner and investment advisor insurance helps protect your decisions, such as management of retirement funds. It also protects against risks faced by any small business, such as injuries and property damage.

Compare insurance quotes for financial advisors
Save money by comparing insurance quotes from multiple carriers.