Photography and Videography Business Insurance
Compare multiple quotes from top carriers with one application.
What kind of work do you do?
Photographer capturing a scene by the sea.
Logos of Insureon's Partners
We partner with trusted A-rated insurance companies

Photographer and videographer insurance in Texas

Learn about business insurance requirements and the most common policies for photographers and videographers in Texas.

Which policies are required for a photographer or videographer in Texas?

If you have a commercial lease, your property manager may require you to purchase general liability insurance. Commonly purchased by photographers and videographers in Texas, general liability insurance can protect your business from expenses associated with common mishaps, such as client property damage and injuries.

Your clients may require professional liability insurance in a contract. Also called errors and omissions insurance, professional liability insurance provides financial protection if a client files a lawsuit claiming your work caused financial harm because it was late, erroneous, or incomplete.

State law in Texas does not require workers’ compensation coverage. Still, it’s an important policy to have, since it can pay for medical expenses and replace lost wages if you or an employee is injured at work.

Compare photographer and videographer insurance quotes from top U.S. carriers

What are the most common policies for a Texas photographer or videographer?

The most common policies for photographers and videographers in Texas vary depending on revenue, client contracts, partnerships, and other factors.

General liability insurance icon

General liability insurance

General liability insurance is the foundation of a photographer or videographer’s business protection, with coverage that extends to client injuries, client property damage, and advertising injuries. Most commercial leases require you to have this coverage.

Professional liability insurance icon

Professional liability insurance

Many clients require proof of professional liability insurance before entering into contracts for professional services. This policy, also called photographer liability insurance or errors and omissions insurance, can help cover legal expenses if you’re sued for unsatisfactory performance or a work mistake.

Business owner’s policy icon

Business owner's policy (BOP)

Photographers and videographers sometimes qualify for a business owner’s policy. This package helps your business save money by bundling commercial property insurance with general liability at an affordable rate.

Workers’ compensation insurance icon

Texas workers' compensation

If you own a photography or video production business in Texas, you are not required to carry workers’ compensation coverage. However, if you or an employee trips over a light stand and break an arm at your studio, or develops a repetitive stress injury from work, you can turn to your workers’ comp policy to help cover medical bills and lost wages.

Inland marine insurance icon

Inland marine insurance

While commercial property insurance can protect equipment that stays at your primary business location, inland marine insurance can cover items you use in the field, including your shooting and editing gear. Think of it as camera insurance for when you’re on the go. It can be purchased as a standalone policy, or as an endorsement to your commercial property insurance or BOP.

What do photographers and videographers in Texas pay for business insurance?

According to an analysis of Insureon applications, the typical photo or video professional in Texas can expect to pay slightly less than the national median for most policies. The median cost of general liability insurance is $425 annually for Texas photographers and videographers, the same as the national median.

Median business insurance costs for Texas photographers and videographers.

Save time and money with Insureon

Insureon’s industry-leading technology helps photo and video professionals in Texas save time and money shopping for insurance by comparing policies from top U.S. carriers. Start a free online application to review quotes for the policies that best fit your business. Our insurance agents are licensed in Texas and can answer your questions as you consider coverage.

To make the application go quicker, have this information ready:

  • Workforce details, such as the number and types of employees
  • Current and projected revenue
  • Business partnerships
  • Insurance history and prior claims
  • Commercial lease insurance requirements

Apply for free photographer or videographer insurance quotes today.

Top photo and video businesses

Don't see your profession? Don't worry. We insure most businesses.

Updated: May 3, 2022
Compare insurance quotes for photo and video professionals
Save money by comparing insurance quotes from multiple carriers.
What kind of work do you do?
Business insurance requirements in Texas Common questions about certificates of liability insuranceWhat camera insurance do professional photographers need?Film equipment insurance might be cheaper than you thinkHow to become a Certified Professional Photographer