As you may already know, insureon is currently running a giveaway for small-business owners, and the top prize is a $500 American Express gift card. So what can the winner do with $500? Consider these business-growth ideas that cost $500 or less.
Business Gadgets and Gear for Less than $500
If you’re in the market for new business equipment, $500 can get you…
- Business cards. Consider updated features like a QR code that takes people to a specific landing page.
- A new logo. If your business needs a makeover (or you’ve never invested in professional graphic design services), you may be able to get a logo design.
- A new mobile device (or two). Whether a tablet, laptop, netbook, or phone would best serve your company, you could find one for $500 or less.
- Office equipment or supplies. Pens, pencils, lamps, desks, batteries – many around-the-office essentials are available at this price.
Skill-Building Opportunities for Less than $500
The variety of in-person and online courses currently available means you could spend $500 to learn…
- How to manage time and increase productivity. This has the potential to yield a tremendous return on investment as you and your team achieve more every single day.
- How to implement an all-in-one software system. Streamlining your email, blog, website, and newsletters is possible with the right software – imagine how much easier your life could be!
- How to improve your skills as a salesperson, manager, marketer, or any other business role. Online and in-person seminars can help you improve in the areas where you need it most. Or consider enrolling another member of your team in essential training.
- How to lead your business toward profits more effectively. A session or two with a business mentor could lead you to more clearly define your goals and what you need to do to achieve them.
Marketing Moves for Less than $500
Attract new clients to your business by spreading the word about what you have to offer with by spending $500 on…
- A press release (or two). Spread awareness about your brand or newest offering by commissioning a press release and publishing it through an online service such as PRWeb.com or MarketWire.com.
- A subscription to an image or news database. Spruce up your content with stock photos or a ready-made news feed.
- New ad space. Ads on social media sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter are relatively inexpensive and easy to target. Plus, they can greatly expand your reach.
- Thank-you gifts for your clients. Build brand loyalty and spark repeat business by sending a small gift to your existing clients.
Team Bonding Activities for Less than $500
Build team spirit and commitment to your bottom line by investing $500 in…
- Rewards or thank-you gifts for your top performers. Incentivizing and rewarding hard work can yield huge benefits for your bottom line.
- A team bonding or training event. These activities can be related to your business or designed to help you blow off steam.
Other Business Boosters than Cost Less than $500
Of course, not every business-growing idea fits neatly into a category. You can also benefit your business by spending $500 on a…
- Networking or professional community membership. Make valuable connections in your industry (or your clients’) by paying for membership in a professional group.
- Consultant project. Bring in a consultant to streamline operations in one specific area of your business. The time savings will likely mean the project pays for itself.
- Financial planning session. Cut out inefficiencies and extra expenses by sitting down with a finance professional who can help you see areas where you can save.
- Subscription to top industry publications. Stay in the loop with your industry by reading the most important publications.
If you haven’t yet entered to win the $500 American Express gift card and other great prizes (including an iPad 2 and $100 in gear for your business), enter on our Facebook page!