Business Insurance for Graphic Designers

Compare multiple quotes from top carriers with one application.
Graphic Designers
Graphic designers working on design displayed on a monitor.
Choose from the nation's best insurance providers
Logos of Insureon's business insurance carrier partners

Why do graphic designers and commercial artists need insurance?

Your graphic design business could face devastating legal costs if you're accused of copyright infringement or plagiarism. Business insurance provides financial protection from lawsuits, theft, injuries, and accidents. Some policies may be required by state law, clients, or a lease agreement.

Graphic designer using a drawing tablet.
Cursor pointing on laptop screen

One application, multiple quotes

Insureon helps graphic designers and commercial artists compare small business insurance quotes from top U.S. companies online.

Get several quotes with one easy application.

What types of insurance do graphic designers need?

These insurance policies cover common risks faced by graphic designers and commercial artists.

General liability insurance icon

General liability insurance

A general liability policy covers accidents that injure a client or damage their property. Bundle it with commercial property insurance in a business owner’s policy (BOP) to save money.

  • Third-party property damage
  • Third-party bodily injuries
  • Commercial lease requirements
Professional liability insurance icon

Professional liability insurance

Professional liability coverage pays legal defense costs related to work mistakes or copyright infringement. It's also referred to as media liability insurance or errors and omissions insurance.

  • Accusations of negligence
  • Work mistakes or oversights
  • Accidental copyright infringement
Business owner’s policy icon

Business owner's policy

A business owner's policy, or BOP, is a cost-effective way for graphic designers and artists to purchase general liability coverage and commercial property insurance together.

  • Damaged client property
  • Slip-and-fall injuries at your studio
  • Stolen or damaged business property
Workers’ compensation insurance icon

Workers’ compensation insurance

Most states require workers' comp for graphic design businesses that have employees. It also protects sole proprietors from work injury costs that health insurance might deny.

  • Employee medical bills
  • Disability benefits
  • Legal fees from employee injuries
Cyber insurance icon

Cyber insurance

This policy covers financial losses related to data breaches and cyberattacks. It's strongly recommended for any small business that handles credit cards or other sensitive data.

  • Data breach recovery
  • Client notification costs
  • Fraud monitoring services
Commercial auto insurance icon

Commercial auto insurance

Commercial auto insurance helps cover costs if a vehicle owned by a graphic design company is involved in an accident. It's usually required for business-owned vehicles.

  • Property damage caused by your vehicle
  • Injuries caused by your vehicle
  • Vehicle theft or vandalism
Looking for different coverage? See more policies.

How much does insurance cost for media and advertising professionals?

Media specialist using a printing calculator.

A graphic designer who works on their own will pay less for insurance than a larger company.

Factors that affect the cost of insurance include:

  • Media and advertising services offered
  • Business property and equipment
  • Revenue
  • Years of experience
  • Type of business insurance coverage
  • Policy limits and deductibles
View Costs

How do I get graphic designer insurance?

It's easy to get graphic design insurance or website design insurance if you have your company information on hand. Our application will ask for basic facts about your business, such as revenue and number of employees. You can buy a policy online and get a certificate of insurance with Insureon in three easy steps:

  1. Complete a free online application
  2. Compare insurance quotes and choose policies
  3. Pay for your policy and download a certificate

Insureon's licensed insurance agents work with top-rated U.S. providers to find the right insurance coverage for your graphic design business, whether you work independently or hire employees.

What our customers are saying
Carousel prev arrow
"I had an urgent contractual requirement for insurance in December to pay before the end of the year. Holly Burton worked with The Hartford to send me an invoice around Christmas. I have saved hundreds in taxes."
Richard C.
Software / internet design
"Raynaldo made quick work of things. I told him what I needed, and ultimately I had a certificate of insurance in a matter of hours."
Michael D.
"The response time was almost immediate. The options I was given were based on my company's needs. I received the policy in record time."
Esther L.
Management consultant
Carousel next arrow
Insureon customer reviews on Feefo
Compare insurance quotes for graphic designers
Save money by comparing free quotes from trusted insurance providers.