Ohio law requires that all employers with one or more employees must carry Workers' Compensation Insurance.
OH Workers' Comp: Key Details
- Ohio employers listed below may choose whether or not to carry Workers' Compensation for themselves:
- Sole proprietors.
- Family farm corporate officers.
- Limited liability company acting as a partnership.
- Limited liability company acting as a sole proprietor.
- Individual incorporated as a corporation (with no employees).
- Ohio runs a monopolistic state-administered Workers' Compensation fund. Coverage can only be purchased through the Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation. This means Insureon can't quote private Workers' Comp policies for Ohio-based businesses.
Still have questions about Workers' Compensation for Ohio businesses? Visit the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation for more information.