In Connecticut, all businesses with one or more employees (full-time, part-time, or contract) are required by law to have Workers' Compensation Insurance except those able to self-insure.
CT Workers' Comp: Key Details
- Sole proprietors in Connecticut can purchase WC for themselves, but are not required to.
- Exemptions to mandatory coverage include…
- Private household employees who work 26 hours or less per week.
- Sole proprietors, multiple member LLC's, corporate officers, and partnerships do not have to cover themselves. They must always provide coverage for their employees, though.
- In CT, insurance is purchased through commercial providers unless the business is approved by the state to self-insure.
For more details on Connecticut's Workers' Comp laws, visit the State of Connecticut Workers' Compensation Commission page.