The Service is not intended for visitors who are under eighteen (18) years of age. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from individuals who are not eighteen (18) years old.
1. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO INSUREON. When you access or use the Service, use the "chat" feature on the Service to communicate with one of our service representatives, submit a request for an insurance quote or application for insurance, or otherwise submit a request for information about the products or services that we offer, we may ask you to provide information that may identify you personally, including your name, postal address, email address and Social Security. We will also ask you for information about your business in order for us to assess your insurance needs and to provide you with the products and services that you request. Information we request about your business may include the number of employees that work at your company, your company's average income and your company's Federal Employee ID Number (FEIN). In addition, if you elect to purchase products or services through the Service, you will need to provide payment account information in order for us to process your purchase.
2. INFORMATION INSUREON AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTS FROM YOU; COOKIES. We may automatically collect information from you when you use the Service using "cookies". Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your computer's Internet browser and that are accessed and recorded by the websites that you visit so that they can recognize the same browser navigating online at a later time.
Information that may be collected by cookies when you use the Service may include, without limitation:
- the pages you visit within the Service;
- the date and time of your visit to the Service;
- the amount of time you spend using the Service;
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; and/or
your computer and connection information such as your browser type and version, operating system and platform.
You can set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie. However, if you disable cookies you will not be able to use the Service.
3. INFORMATION COLLECTION BY THIRD PARTIES. If you visit the Service from a third party website the third party may give you a unique code, cookie or graphic which will uniquely identify you. This will only happen if you link directly from a third party website to the Service. Your activities on the Service while such a code is active may be reported back to the third party. The presence of a third party navigation bar at the top of any page on the Service is an indication that the third party website may be able to see your activity on the Service.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION. Our primary purpose in collecting information from you is to provide you with access to the Service, and to provide you with the products and services offered through the Service. We may use the information we collect about you through the Service to:
- provide access to the Service, to manage and service your account and to provide the products and services you request through the Service;
- resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and respond to your customer service inquiries;
- customize, measure, and improve our services, content, and advertising;
- comply with applicable laws, regulations and legal process;
- tell you about our services, and deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers;
- keep a record of our transactions and communications with you; and
- provide you with other services requested by you as described when we collect the information.
We may also combine your information with the information of other users so that we can generally assess users' preferences or to otherwise improve the Service. This combined information will not identify you personally.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES. We will not sell or lease your information to, or exchange your information with, third parties without first obtaining your express consent, except that we may share your information with the following third parties:
- Insurance Companies: If you request an insurance quote through the Service, or otherwise use the Service to purchase insurance coverage, we may share the information you provide through the Service with insurance companies. We will only share your information with insurance companies as necessary to provide you with the products or services you have requested through the Service. If you elect to proceed with purchasing insurance from a particular insurance company, that insurance company may seek additional information about you, including by contacting you directly by email, postal mail or telephone or running a credit check about you. We will obtain your prior consent if an insurance company intends to conduct a credit check about you. Insurance companies are only permitted to contact you directly in order to provide you with the products or services you have requested through the Service.
- Third Party Marketing Partners: If you opt-in to receive marketing communications from third parties, we may, from time to time, share your name, email address and postal mailing address with a few carefully selected third party marketing partners that we believe offer products or services that may be of interest to you. If you would like us to stop providing this information to our third party marketing partners, you may opt-out by emailing us at [email protected], calling us at (800) 688-1984 or writing to us at 30 N LaSalle St., Suite 2500, Chicago, IL 60602.
- Our Service Providers: We may share your information with third party contractors or service providers who provide certain services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting the Service. These service providers will only have access to the information needed to perform these limited functions on our behalf and are required to provide your information with at least the same level of protection and security as we use with regard to your information.
- Companies that Acquire Our Business or Assets: If our company or our assets are acquired by, transferred to or merged with another company, that company may acquire the information about you collected by us. We will require the applicable company to assume the rights and obligations that are applicable to your information at the time of the acquisition, transfer or merger.
- Law Enforcement Authorities: We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or to comply with valid legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order), to protect our rights or property, or during emergencies when safety is at risk.
We will obtain your consent prior to sharing your information with any third party not described above.
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES. The Service may contain links to websites that are not owned or operated by insureon. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these websites. If you visit these websites or provide any information directly to parties other than insureon (even if those websites display the insureon brand), different policies may apply to the collection and use of your information. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before accessing third party websites or disclosing information to third parties.
7. THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS. The Service may include third party advertising, links to advertiser websites, and other content from third party businesses. These third party sites, businesses, and advertisers may use web beacons and cookies to measure the effectiveness of their ads, personalize or optimize advertising content and to track users who click on the links made available through the Service. We do not have access to or control over web beacons or cookies that these third parties may use. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties. We encourage you to review their privacy policies.
Some third-party advertising companies may provide a mechanism to opt-out of their technology. For more information about the opt out process, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative website, available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
8. PRIVACY PROTECTION FOR CHILDREN. In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we will not knowingly collect information from persons under the age of thirteen (13). If we later learn that an individual under the age of thirteen (13) has provided information through the Service, we will take appropriate steps to remove that individual's information from our database restrict that individual from future access to the Service.
10. UPDATING AND DELETING INFORMATION. If you create an account through the Service, you can access, change and update the information that you provide through the Service by emailing us at [email protected], calling us at (800) 688-1984 or writing to us at 30 N LaSalle St., Suite 2500, Chicago, IL 60602.
11. OPT-OUT OF MARKETING EMAIL. From time to time we may send you marketing communications about our products and services using the email you provide as part of the registration process. You may elect not to receive these email communications from us by either following the link provided in the applicable email communication or contacting us at [email protected].
12. SECURITY PROCEDURES. We have implemented technical and administrative security measures to protect user information. To guard against unauthorized disclosure of your information, information that is passed between your browser and insureon is encrypted with the Secure Socket layer (SSL) system. We also use industry-standard practices such as encrypted storage, firewalls and password protection systems to safeguard the confidentiality of your information. Each of our employees who has access to your information is aware of our security policies, and your information is only available to those employees who need it to perform their jobs. However, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information, and no networked system or Internet transmission is entirely secure. We assume no responsibility or liability if any information relating to you is intercepted and/or used by an unintended recipient.
How do you protect my customer information?
We expect any company with whom we share your information to use it only to provide the service we have asked them to perform. Information about you is also available within Insureon to those individuals who may need to use it to fulfill and service the needs of our customers. We communicate the need to protect your information to all employees and agents. We especially communicate this need to individuals who have access to it. Plus, we have established physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information. Note that if you relationship with us ends, you information will remain protected. This protection will be provided according to our privacy practices outlined in this statement.
Cookies are used to track a user's session and are not permanently recorded. No information will be permanently stored in the cookie file on the client. The cookies are used to enhance a user's experience in a dynamic and database-driven Website.
If at some point in the future, there is a change to our information usage practices that affect your Personally Identifiable Information, we will notify you by email of the relevant changes. At the time of this message, you will be able to opt-out of this information usage by sending a message to the following email: [email protected]. You should also check this posted privacy statement for changes.
How do I update my information?
You can correct and update pertinent information by email, phone, or postal mail.
30 N LaSalle St.
Chicago, IL 60602
How secure is my information?
To guard against unauthorized use, information that is passed between your browser and Insureon is encrypted with the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) system. All information collected is stored on servers located in our secure premises or on the secure premises of our partner firms. Only those company employees directly involved in servicing customers have access to your information.
What about other websites linked to Insureon?
Who can I contact if I have any questions regarding my privacy?
You have the ability to contact Insureon directly with any comments or questions through the email link provided below.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission offers an overview of privacy protection.
Be sure to check the privacy policies of each site you visit. If you have questions or comments regarding Insureon privacy practices, please send an email to [email protected].
We hope you have found this information helpful. If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact customer services at (800) 688-1984.