Small-business owners of the world, rejoice!
Today marks the official launch of Small Business Heroes, a program that celebrates the tremendous contributions small- and micro-business owners make to the American economy by delivering a series of micro grants in the form of badly needed business equipment.
Here’s a look at how the program works and how you can apply to have one of your business wishes granted.
What Is Small Business Heroes?
Small Business Heroes is an initiative dedicated to giving back to the small- and micro-business owners whose everyday lives include countless acts of heroism: making do with outdated software, forgoing new gear to pay for family essentials, working crazy hours to put food on the table.
The program launches today with support from insureon. For years, insureon has provided business insurance to small- and micro-business owners, and in that time, we have consistently been awed by the sacrifice, dedication, and plain old hard work that our customers demonstrate on a daily basis.
To demonstrate our appreciation for all these folks do, we decided to launch Small Business Heroes as a wish-granting program designed to give small-business owners the extra boost that will let them reach the next level of growth.
Here’s how the program works…
- Have a wish. This part is easy, and second (or first) nature to most small- and micro-business owners. Whether you want a new printer, a delivery van, or something else, you’re probably familiar with the feeling that a piece of gear or new equipment would make a huge difference to your ability to serve customers and boost your bottom line.
- Tell Small Business Heroes about that wish. By submitting a 200-word summary of your wish to the Small Business Heroes website, you become eligible to have that wish granted. Small Business Heroes has committed to donating $500,000 worth of wish-granting items.
- Interact with the Small Business Heroes community to build support for your wish. Small Business Heroes chooses winners by gauging community support for the business owners who submit wishes, as demonstrated on the program’s Facebook page and website. Spread the word about your wish (or the wishes of others you want to support) by sharing your wish with your personal and professional network.
- Get your wish granted. Every month, Small Business Heroes grants the wishes of three small-business owners.
- Do amazing things. With your wish granted, you can blast past obstacles to reach the next level in your business, whether that means serving a broader client base, taking on more customers, or even hiring a part-time employee.
To be fair, we know that small-business owners do amazing things every day, whether or not they have their wishes granted. This program just aims to make that process a little easier.
Get Your Business Wish Granted by Small Business Heroes
To learn the details of how Small Business Heroes can help your business grow, visit the program’s website at SmallBusinessHeroes.com, where you can submit your wish and read what other small-business owners are saying.
Writtten by Brenna Lemieux - check her out at Google+ or Twitter