Insurance for Administrative Assistants

Get quotes in just 15 minutes
Can't find your industry?
My experience working with Insureon has probably been the best I’ve experienced in years. [They] provided the necessary level of hand-holding right through issuance of the policy and beyond. Just overall terrific.
Customer Rating
4.6 out of 5 stars

Virtual Office Assistant Insurance

Virtual office assistants are the backbone of many successful companies around the world. But you know better than most that virtual work has real-world consequences. If you miss a deadline or forget to file important paperwork, your clients may take a financial hit and blame you for the fallout.

Let's explore how administrative assistant insurance can help protect your home-based virtual secretary business.

General Liability Insurance

Home-based administrative support services may seem insulated from risks other businesses face. After all, clients and visitors normally don't just walk through your door! But accidents can still happen. That's why many virtual office assistants carry General Liability Insurance. It protects small businesses when they're sued over third-party bodily injuries and property damage.

Say, for example, your mailman slips on your icy porch steps while delivering your business's mail. He could sue your business over his injuries. If that happens, General Liability Insurance can help cover your legal fees.

If you handle client property, your General Liability policy can cover damage or loss you cause. It can also help pay to repair or replace property your damage while in a client's office for a meeting.

Administrative support businesses that advertise their services will be happy to know General Liability Insurance also includes advertising injury coverage. So if someone sues you over copyright infringement, brand infringement, libel, or slander, your policy can usually cover your legal costs.

Business Owner's Policy

Virtual office assistants that operate from home may qualify for a special policy called a Business Owner's Policy (BOP). A BOP bundles General Liability Insurance with Commercial Property Insurance at a reduced rate, giving you convenient and broad protection.

You rely on your equipment to do your work, from your laptop and phone to your physical office space. Commercial Property Insurance offers you a way to replace and repair these essentials when they're destroyed, damaged, or lost because of:

  • Fire.
  • Wind and hail.
  • Vandalism.
  • Burglary and theft.

Most homeowner's insurance policies don't cover damage to business items, so it's important you protect your property with the appropriate business insurance.

Professional Liability Insurance

Professional Liability Insurance, also called Errors & Omissions Insurance, is a virtual assistant insurance coverage that can address the high price of professional errors. It can cover your legal expenses if a client claims that you…

  • Made a mistake.
  • Didn't complete an assignment.
  • Were negligent in the services you provided.
  • Completed a project late.

As a virtual office assistant, customers trust you with a lot of sensitive business information. If you make a mistake, it could have a serious impact on your clients' bottom line. If it's a big enough gaffe, they may even sue. Good thing your Professional Liability Insurance can pay for related legal expenses, including your lawyer fees and settlements or judgments.

This coverage offers peace of mind that one oversight won't derail the virtual office assistant business that you've work hard to build.

Further Reading for Virtual & Admin Assistants