BUSINESS INSURANCE INDIANA
Indiana Insurance Licenses: 699603 and 702909
Indiana is an excellent place for Hoosiers and non-Hoosiers alike to start and grow a business. According to the Indiana Economic Development Corporation’s (IEDC) Business-Friendly webpage, Chief Executive magazine ranked Indiana first in the Midwest and fifth in the nation on its annual “Best & Worst States” survey in 2013.
Indiana also has the best tax climate in the Midwest, with a corporate income tax rate that’s dropping 0.5 percent each year until it reaches 6.5 percent. And according to the IEDC, Indiana is one of only nine states to achieve a top bond rating from the three major credit rating agencies.
If you’re thinking about choosing this Right-to-Work state as your business’s home, or if you’ve already set up shop in Indiana, it’s time to start building a small business insurance plan that protects your business from the risks on the road ahead.
Indiana Savings Tips
- Are you paying too much for business insurance? Shopping for the best rate is smart, but it can be time-consuming. Insureon makes it quick and easy to compare rates. Just complete a single online application for all the coverage your Indiana business needs, and we'll send you multiple quotes in 24 hours or less.
- Did you know that you can add millions in coverage to certain insurance policies for an affordable annual rate? For example, if your client contract calls for $2 million in general liability insurance, but your policy includes just $1 million, an excess or umbrella insurance policy can fill the gap, and it's cheaper than you might think.
- In Indiana, most businesses are required by law to carry workers' compensation insurance. However, to save money on premiums, sole proprietors, business partners, corporate officers, and some others can exempt themselves from coverage. Ask the Indiana workers' compensation experts at Insureon for more information.
Indiana Business Insurance Licensure Information
In Indiana, insurance agents, agencies and brokers are licensed by the Indiana Department of Insurance. Insureon is licensed in Indiana as BIN Insurance Holdings LLC (NPN 15752926) for Property & Casualty Insurance (License #699603) and for Surplus Lines (License #702909). You can verify our licensure with the Sircon Corp. Verification System by selecting State: Indiana; Entity Type: Agency; and entering either of our Indiana state license numbers (699603 or 702909) into the field marked "License Number."
- NOAA National Climatic Data Center: Annual average number of tornadoes, 1953–2004
- PAH Webmaster (2005-11-02):
1925 Tri-State Tornado
- Indiana Workers Compensation Rules
- Indiana Department of Insurance