1. CONSUMER DISCLOSURE. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. THE INSUREON SMALL BUSINESS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM IS OPEN TO ANY CITIZEN AND/OR RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND ITS TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS WHO IS A HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR OR CURRENT UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT WHO WILL BE ENROLLED IN A 2- OR 4-YEAR PUBLIC OR PRIVATE COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA FULL-TIME FOR AN ACADEMIC SCHOOL YEAR. All other entries will be disqualified. Employees of Bin Insurance Holdings LLC (“Sponsor”) and its divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotional or marketing agencies and their immediate family members (spouse, parents, children and siblings) and persons living in family member homes are not eligible.
2. Interested students are encouraged to apply online at www.insureon.com/scholarship-program/apply.
When applying, students will be asked to provide the following information:
- first and last name
- valid email address
- permanent mailing address
- date of birth
- institution to be attended in the semester following the semester of application
- area of study
- anticipated college graduation date (month/year)
- name of small business experience is based on
- industry the small business operates within
- number of employees who work at the small business
- website of the small business (optional)
- Parents must grant consent if the student is 17 years old or younger. A check box will be provided on the online entry form.
- Each finalist will be asked to provide a photo of the applicant with the small business or photo of the applicant that represents the nature of the small business (for Facebook App purposes).
3. Each student may only submit one entry. A student who submits multiple entries will be disqualified.
4. Each student must submit an original essay (500 – 750 words) on the topic outlined for the current submission period.
The essay must be written in English. Essays with fewer than 500 words or more than 750 words will be disqualified.
5. Essays must be the original work of the student and factually accurate, and they must not be in the public domain. Essays may not infringe upon or violate any personal property rights of others, such as defamation, invasion of privacy, infringement of the intellectual property rights of any third person or other unlawful use of material. By submitting an essay to the Insureon Small Business Scholarship Program, each student acknowledges his or her understanding of and compliance with these rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry deemed inappropriate for publication per the company's discretion.
6. All entries must be received between the dates specified on www.insureon.com/insureonu/small-business-scholarship and no later than the specified end date, to be eligible for the contest.
7. A panel of judges will review the applications. Essays will be judged on the following criteria:
- Spelling, Grammar, Vocabulary and Punctuation, and address the question (25 points)
- Content, including organization, logic, and quality of examples (50 points)
- Creativity, Clarity and Thoughtfulness, (25 points)
The judges will select 7 finalists. The decisions of the judges will be final.
8. The 7 finalists may be featured on the official insureon.com Facebook page. Two out of the 7 finalists will win the scholarship. The two winners (“Winners”) will be determined based on the votes of the panel of judges. Voting will begin at 12:00 a.m. CT on the day following the date of contest closure and end at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on the day before winners are announced.
9. Winners will each receive a one-time scholarship check of $2,500 to be used for future educational expenses. Winners will be announced on the date indicated on this page and will be notified privately before that date. Winners will later be featured on www.insureon.com/insureonu/small-business-scholrarship/winners. Verification of school registration will be required to claim scholarship.
10. In the event of noncompliance with the Official Rules, or if the scholarship or scholarship notification is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. If the prize is not claimed within 30 days of the date of the first notification letter, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Winners' names will be posted on the website Insureon.com. A winner may not reenter the competition.
11. By participating, entrants agree to: a.) The Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects; and b.) release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees of the aforementioned entities (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability, claims, or damages arising out of their participation in the contest and the acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of any scholarship. Released Parties are not responsible for printing, typographical, human or other errors in any contest-related materials; for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, illegible, or postage-due mail or entries; or for transactions that are processed late or incorrectly, or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or human error. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the contest and award the scholarship from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to action taken if fraud or technical failures or other events compromise the integrity of the contest as determined by the sponsor in its sole discretion. This contest is governed by laws of the State of Illinois for the resolution of all claims and disputes.
12. Federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of the winners. The scholarship checks will be payable to college or university (“Institution”) in which a Winner has successfully enrolled for the semester following the semester during which the Winner applied. If the Winner has not yet been successfully enrolled in an Institution the check will be paid directly to the Winner. If the Winner is a minor the check will be awarded to the Winner’s parent or guardian, as custodian for the Winner, or to his or her educational Institution as above, if the parent or guardian so prefer. Scholarship funds must be used for tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for study. Sponsor will mail winners a 1099-MISC tax form after January 31 of the year following the receipt of the scholarship.
13. A student's likelihood of being chosen as a finalist will depend upon the quality of all other entries as judged by the criteria stated above. A finalist's likelihood of winning a scholarship is 2 in 7 (2/7). Scholarships are nontransferable. All scholarships will be awarded. Winners and, if the Winner is a minor, their parents/legal guardians, will be required to execute an affidavit of originality, eligibility and compliance with rules, a release of liability and grant of publication rights within 10 days of the date specified in the notification. Failure to do so will result in the scholarship being awarded to the finalist with the next highest votes. Winners must provide a valid street address to which insureon.com can mail the winners their scholarship check, a publicity release, an affidavit of eligibility and, if applicable, a tax form. Winners must also provide Sponsor with their social security number for use in preparation of tax form.
14. All essays and all rights to their publication become the property of Sponsor, which Sponsor may use, edit and excerpt for promotional purposes or otherwise, including placing them online without compensation, additional or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right to use scholarship winners' names and hometowns in any advertising or promotional materials relating to this competition without further notification, permission, or compensation to the winners, except where prohibited by law.
THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
This scholarship program is sponsored by Bin Insurance Holdings, LLC, 30 N LaSalle Suite 2500, Chicago, IL 60602.
Sponsor does not collect information from visitors participating in this scholarship program in any way other than specified on the scholarship's official rules page. Contact information submitted through application will not be used for any solicitations or extraneous emails and will not be shared with any third-party entities.